This online banking E-Sign Disclosure and Consent (Disclosure) applies to all communications for those products, services, and accounts offered or accessible through Online Banking that are not otherwise governed by the terms and conditions of an electronic disclosure and consent. Consenting to receive Communications under this Disclosure will not automatically enroll you in E-statements or Mobile Banking; however, your consent will be applicable to receiving Communications for those services electronically, at enrollment and any future Communications, should you decide to enroll in those services.
The words “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to First Palmetto Bank (Bank) and the words “you” and “your” refer to you, the individual(s) or entity identified on the Account(s). As used in the Disclosure, “Account” means the account you have with us. “Communication” means any customer agreements or amendments thereto, monthly billing or account statements, tax statements, disclosures, notices, responses to claims, transaction history, privacy policies and all other information related to the product, service or Account, including but not limited to information that we are required by law to provide to you in writing.
Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form
You agree that we may provide you with any Communications that we may choose to make available in electronic format, to the extent allowed by law, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communication to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive electronic Communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to:
- All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with the Account or the product or service available through Online Banking, Mobile Banking or other electronic products.
- Notices or disclosures about a change in the terms of your Account or associated service and responses to claims.
- Privacy policies and notices.
- Monthly (or other periodic) billing or account statements for your Account(s) or such other Communications that we may include from time to time as part of the enrollment in e-statements. Your consent to receive electronic communications does not automatically enroll you in e-statements. You must complete a separate enrollment to stop receiving paper account statements (and any other types of Communications we may include in the statements).
Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Format
All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided either (1) via email, (2) by access to a web site that we will designate in an email notice we send to you at the time the information is available, (3) to the extent possible by law, by access to a web site that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose, or (4) by requesting you download a PDF file containing the Communication.
How to Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form by calling us at 1-800-922-7411 or by contacting your local branch. At our option, we may treat your provision of an invalid email address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid email address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications; however, your access and use of Online Banking may be terminated. Any withdrawal of your
consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal. Note: Withdrawal from E-statements could result in fees for certain deposit accounts since some accounts require E-statements to avoid fees for paper statements.
How to Update Your Records
It is your responsibility to provide us with true, accurate and complete email address, contact, and other information related to the Disclosure and your Account(s), and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your email address) through Online Banking, by calling us at 1-800-922-7411, or by contacting the branch.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we make available to you, you must have:
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit;
- An email account with an internet service provider and email software in order to participate in our electronic Communications programs;
- A personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or storing Communications received from us in electronic form via a plain text-formatted email or by access to our web site using one of the browsers specified below:
- Adobe Reader version 10.0 or higher
- Windows 7 or later version running either Internet Explorer version 11.0 or higher, Firefox version 50.0 or higher, or Macintosh OSX 10.7 or higher running Safari web browser.
Requesting Paper Copies
We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication which is available electronically from the Bank, unless you request it, or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, call us at 1-800-922-7411 or contact the branch. We may charge you a reasonable service charge, of which we have provided you prior notice, for the delivery of paper copies of any Communication provided to you electronically pursuant to this authorization. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
Communications in Writing
All Communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing”. You should print or download for your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other Communication that is important to you.
You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act), and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.